Bean and Butternut Stew
150g Kidney Beans
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 x large onion chopped
3 x peeled sliced carrots
1 x large chopped sweet potato
2 x sticks of celery sliced
1 x de-seeded chopped chilli
3 x cloves crushed garlic
900ml vegetable stock
1 x bay leaf
1 x whole cinnamon stick
½ bunch coriander stems
300g of peeled deseeded butternut
Himalayan Rock salt to taste
1. Soak the beans overnight. Place in saucepan with cold water, (no salt) and simmer until tender and drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in large pan/pot over medium heat, then add onions, carrots, celery and sweet potato and cook for 5 mins, not browning them.
3. Add the chilli and garlic and cook gently for a couple of minutes
4. Add the cooked beans, stock, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and chopped stems only of half a bunch of coriander, and simmer for 15 mins.
5. Then add the peeled, cubed butternut and simmer until cooked.
6. If there is too much liquid, strain off stock and boil hard in a separate pot to reduce.
7. Then return and stir it in with the remainder of the chopped coriander stems. You could add some cream if you like 🙂
You are invited to
“A Deliciously Different Taste Club”
Adie, Lara & Nicole have been exploring some gorgeous new recipes and would love to share these as well as their tips to “Embrace Life in Abundance” with you!
When: Thursday 25th April 2013
Where: Bodyways, 7 Oakleigh Avenue, Wembley PMB.
R.S.V.P by sms: Lara 0845870880
Bring your own drinks, Water & Herbal teas provided!!
Relaxed and Deliciously Different!
This is a delicous and easy recipe from the Rawlicious book by Peter and Beryn Daniel
3 cups fresh Basil (plant six seedlings in a pot on the verandah – grows quickly)
1 clove garlic (garlic press)
1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/3 pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup olive oil
1/8 cup (30ml) lemon juice
½ tsp Himalayan salt
In a food processor blend all the ingredients until well chopped and combined. The Pesto freezes well. So if you have made a big batch, put some in the freezer!
Basil has excellent detoxifying, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. Great for improving digestion and effective against internal parasites and bacteria.